AcceleDent Aura Patient Use and Care
AcceleDent Aura from OrthoAccel is a simple-to-use, hands-free device designed for faster orthodontic treatment. AcceleDent Aura uses SoftPulse Technology® to speed up tooth movement. It does this by generating small vibrations, called micropulses, to gently accelerate the movement of your teeth as they are guided by your orthodontics. These micropulses can also help make your orthodontics more comfortable.
There are new and exciting treatment options in today’s Orthodontics. Dr. Chapman stays on the cutting edge of orthodontics by being a member of the Ormco Insiders and attending many continuing education seminars all over the world. The Insiders are a world wide elite Orthodontic research and development team established by invitation only. The group meets twice yearly for highly intense research of new technology and product. What does this mean? Before any other Orthodontist knows about the latest technology, we are already using it and gaining experience that only comes from being totally committed to your orthodontic treatment in our office. You benefit by Dr. Chapman’s devotion to his work.
The best part is:
- Treatment time is much shorter
- Treatment is much more gentle- your teeth don’t get as sore
- Appointments are further apart- this means you miss less school or work!
- AcceleDent System Available Learn more about AcceleDent on their web site at www.orthoaccel.com or www.acceledent.com.
More Acceledent information here:
How to care for and operate your Acceledent device
- How does AcceleDent Aura work? By inserting the Mouthpiece – fitted around your existing orthodontics – and turning on the Activator for 20 minutes every day, AcceleDent Aura can speed up tooth movement by using SoftPulse Technology®. Faster tooth movement may decrease the duration of your orthodontic treatment and can even help to make your orthodontics more comfortable.
- Is AcceleDent Aura safe? Yes. AcceleDent with SoftPulse Technology® has been demonstrated safe and reliable in U.S. clinical trials.
- How is the orthodontic treatment accelerated? Your orthodontics work on their own by moving your teeth in specific directions. AcceleDent Aura uses SoftPulse Technology® to generate small vibrations, or micropulses, enhancing the movements directed by your orthodontics, allowing for faster tooth movement.
- How do I know if I am biting into the Mouthpiece correctly and with the right amount of force? Bite pressure on the Mouthpiece should be just firm enough to hold AcceleDent Aura in place without using your hands. Avoid biting forcibly on the Mouthpiece as that may cause excessive wear.
- Can I try to wear AcceleDent Aura while I am sleeping? No. It is not recommended that AcceleDent Aura be used while sleeping.
- Can I wear my AcceleDent Aura when it is charging or connected to a computer? No, do not wear your AcceleDent Aura when it is charging or connected to a computer.
- Do I have to do the full 20 minute treatment at one time? Yes. It is recommended that you use your AcceleDent Aura for a continuous 20 minute period each day.
- If I absolutely have to interrupt the 20 minute session for a few minutes, when I turn my AcceleDent Aura back on, does it remember how long I used it? Yes. AcceleDent Aura will remember how long you used it as long as the interruption does not exceed five minutes. After five minutes of being turned off, AcceleDent Aura will work for a full session of 20 minutes at its next use.
- If I use AcceleDent Aura for more than the recommended 20 minute treatment time, does it add incremental benefit? No. Additional daily use greater than the prescribed 20 minutes duration is not recommended.
- How often does AcceleDent Aura need to be recharged? The Activator should be recharged every three days.
- What is the best way to clean AcceleDent Aura? The Mouthpiece should first be disconnected from the Activator and then rinsed well with lukewarm water after each use. You may occasionally use a soft liquid dishwashing detergent, a mild soap, or toothpaste to gently brush the Mouthpiece. The Activator can be wiped with a soft cloth as necessary. It is recommended that you allow AcceleDent Aura to air dry before being stored in the Travel Case. Do not place the Mouthpiece or the Activator in a dishwasher as this will void the warranty and could cause damage to the product.
- Can I use my AcceleDent Aura in the shower? No. AcceleDent Aura is not water resistant and should not be
used in the shower.
- Can I sanitize my AcceleDent Aura and share it with a friend or family member who also has braces? No. AcceleDent Aura is a FDA cleared, single-user prescription device. Sharing the AcceleDent Aura and/or the Mouthpiece is prohibited. Your orthodontist prescribed AcceleDent Aura for your use only, based upon your unique orthodontic treatment plan. Use of AcceleDent Aura without the supervision and direction of an orthodontist may result in adverse unintended consequences.
- What type of battery does AcceleDent Aura contain? The rechargeable battery in AcceleDent Aura is a medical grade lithium ion battery.
- What should I do with my AcceleDent Aura once treatment is finished? You should dispose of your AcceleDent Aura as you would with any other device with a rechargeable battery. Reference the “Disposal” section of the Directions for Use manual for further details.
- Is my AcceleDent Aura under warranty? Yes, the warranty details can be found in the Directions for Use manual, click here.
- What does it mean if my Activator stops working and the LED Indicator is flashing alternating green and orange? The Activator will deactivate after completing the equivalent of 18 months of 20 minute daily sessions. If you are in the middle of a treatment plan please contact your orthodontist.